Public Notices

PUBLIC NOTICES ARE PLACED ON THIS WEBSITE, KBMW RADIO, IN THE DAILY NEWS, AND ON PUBLIC ACCESS CHANNEL 12. Please check these sites should you have questions when you are unable to contact the City of Wahpeton.
  • Water/Sewer                               701-642-6565
  • Electricity (Ottertail Power)       701-642-6684
  • Great Plains Natural Gas            1-877-267-4764
  • Midcontinent Cable Television  1-800-888-1300
  • Red River Communications      1-866-553-8309
  • One Call (Call before you dig)   1-800-795-0555
  • Building Permits                         701-642-6565
SNOW REMOVAL - Parking on streets is prohibited from November 1st to April 1st between the hours of 2 am to 6 am. The purpose is to allow winter maintenance crews unobstructed routes for snow removal and ice control. The police may issue parking violations and have vehicles towed as they would be deemed a public safety hazard. Public Works can be reached at 701-642-6565 and Wahpeton Police phone number is 701-642-7722. 
FIRE HYDRANTS - During the winter please remove the snow around the fire hydrants located in your yard. This saves time and assists the fire department should they need to access the hydrant in a time of a fire event. Don't park in front of hydrants in case the fire department needs to access the hydrant.
SUMP PUMPS - All sump pumps are to drain into the storm drain and not to the sanitation sewer. When draining outdoors, water should not be drained into adjacent properties. Permits are required between November 15th & March 15th of each year to pump into the sanitary sewer. If no permit is obtained the fee is $75/month & can include fines.
PETS - The City of Wahpeton has an ordinance requiring the use of a leash on pets. Please keep your pet on a leash at all times when not on your property. There is also an ordinance requiring owners to pick up after their pets. Please pick up any feces left by your pet and dispose of properly.
RESIDENTIAL WASTE COLLECTION - Call Waste Management at 701-642-8797 with questions or concerns. Refuse is picked up weekly. Recyclables are picked up bi-weekly. Excess refuse may be taken to Waste Management at 1016 11th Ave South. Contact Waste Management for disposal options and holiday pickup schedules.
YARD WASTE - Dumpsters for yard waste collection site is located on 9th Street North by the tree disposal site. This site is for Wahpeton city residents only!  If you are unable to bring your yard waste to the collection site it can also be disposed of in your regular garbage receptacle or bags can be delivered to Waste Management for a nominal fee.
HAZARDOUS WASTE MATERIALS - Household materials including paint, solvents, varnishes, etc., can be disposed of on the third Wednesday between 10:00am to 2:00pm between May to September at the Breckenridge Recycling Center on Hwy 75 South at no cost to residents of the city of Wahpeton. Call 218-643-5815 if you have questions.
BRUSH/TREES - Brush and trees may be taken to the tree disposal site north of town located at 23rd Avenue North (across from Primewood). This site is for Wahpeton city residents only!
ND DOT DRIVERS LICENSE - The North Dakota Department of Transportation-Wahpeton Drive License Office is located at the Baymont Inn Hotel, 1800 Two Ten Drive in Wahpeton. The office is open the first and third Thursdays of every month from 9:20am to 12:00pm and from 1:00pm to 3:40pm. The office is closed on the on all state holidays.  No Walk-ins, all services are by appointment only. For more information or to make an appointment call 1-855-633-6835 or click here ND DOT.
ND VEHICLE & TITLE - The office is located at the Chamber of Commerce office at 1505 11th Street North (use west door). Questions can be directed to 701-642-2652.
BIRTH/DEATH/MARRIAGE CERTIFICATES - If you need a copy of any of these certificates and the event occurred anywhere in North Dakota, call Vital Records in Bismarck at 701-328-2360.
DO NOT CALL LIST - North Dakota consumers can call a toll-free number, 888-382-1222, to sign up on the Do Not Call list. When registering by telephone the call must originate from the phone number being registered. You may also sign up on the web at